Choosing A Provider
Before selecting a surrogacy facilitator, agency, IVF clinic to work with, you may want to consider the following:
All Professional Service Provders
- How long have they been in operation?
- Will the program provide previous clients as referees?
- Where are they based?
- How frequently do they travel to the clinics they represent?
- What frequency of communication can you expect from them?
- What is their fee structure?
- What services will they provide to you?
- How many different surrogacy agencies / egg donor providers do they work with?
- What are their criteria for working with an agency?
- Is surrogacy all tbey do, or one of a number of Medical Tourism services?
- Does the program recruit its own surrogates? Through what means?
- Will they work with a surrogate sourced by the intended parent(s)?
- How are surrogates expenses handled? Is there a cap on these?
- Does the program offer medical screening of the surrogate? To what extent? Who does the screening?
- Is gestational surrogacy as well as traditional surrogacy available?
- What are the costs? What is the fee payment structure and payment schedule?
- How long are the surrogate’s medical records kept?
- Does the program offer psychological screening and counseling to all parties? To what extent?
- To what extent is contact between surrogate and the intended parent(s) encouraged?
- What type of legal counsel is offered to the surrogate and the intended parent(s)? Does this include the drawing up of contracts?
- What is the cost of any health insurance programs?
- Do they cover multiple births?
- What are the financial obligations incurred by the intended parent(s) post birth?
- Does the program offer on-site medical services (insemination or IVF) or do they work with local physicians and hospitals?
- How many babies have been born through the clinic’s surrogacy programs?
- If the surrogate does not get pregnant over a certain number of cycles, what is the clinic’s policy regarding refund of fees paid?
- Is there a choice of delivery hospitals?
- What is their attitude to surrogacy?
- Can you stay at the hospital?
- Do they have a Neo-natal intensive care unit?