Advice for Parents with Georgia Births (April -July)
The Georgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed it will be possible to provide permission for foreign citizens to enter Georgia during travel ban provided that their embassy contacts MFA Georgia with the following information:
- Intended Parents full name, Passport Number and copies of their passports.
- Name and registration number of the IVF clinic (for New Life Georgia this is Imedi Clinic LLC , R/N:202249110)
- Name & contact information of the surrogacy agency (eg Healthcare International Agency New Life Georgia LLC, R/N: 404862546, the Parent’s Georgian legal representative Elene Gelashvili P/N:01019061155)
- When and how the parents intend to enter and leave (there is no need to submit flight tickets but give approximate details of flights they want to take)
- The address where the parents will be staying to quarantine themselves (should be appropriate for self-isolation as it will be checked by the authorities before arrival).
- PCR test issued a maximum of 3 days earlier before departure, proving that the parents do not have covid-19.
Entry to foreigners may re-open early July
However there are weekly flights to Tbilisi from Amsterdam starting 8 June. These are onsale now https://www.georgian-airways.com/
IPs entering in June are obliged to present Coronavirus free (PCR) certificate, Note Verbal from their embassy and remain in 14-day quarantine.
Flights out of Georgia are available occasionally to London, from where there are connections with Qantas (Wednesdays) and Qatar (daily) to other locations.