Advice for Parents with Ukraine births (June- August)
by Sam Everingham
Posted on 2020-06-10 at 06:39:55
- Ukraine airspace has opened and airlines such as Lufthansa & Ukraine International Airlines are operating limited flights from Frankfurt, Amsterdam and London
- If you need a visa to enter, Ukraine E-Visa applications are closed. Instead, apply for a visa to your nearest Ukraine embassy via post
- Qatar is flying into European hubs from Australian ports
- Qatar & KLM are flying into European hubs from Bangkok
- United is flying into European hubs from the USA
Connecting Flights/Transiting in Europe
- Some airports (Eg Paris) are not allowing transit for foreigners
- Passengers transiting through European hubs currently operating for Qatar (eg Stockholm, Helsinki, Amsterdam) may require special permission from their government to transit.
- Contact your embassy in the transit point country to confirm arrangements/gain permission to transit
Ukraine has updated its quarantine requirements. Those from ‘green zone’ countries do not require any tests or quaratine.
Those coming from a country with higher Covid-19 rates than Ukraine (these currently include US, UK, Sweden, Spain, France and Canada) can choose one of three options
1. Observation in specialized isolators;
2. 14 days self-isolation at the place of residence if you agree to use the “Dii Vdoma” mobile ttacking app;
3. Pass the COVID-19 test using the PRL method after entry
New Insurance Requirements
Ukraine currently requires all foreigners visiting to have a Ukranian insurance policy for Covid-19. You can find full details of how to buy such a policy here, as well as step-by-step advice from the Ukraine government
The Ukrainian Association of Reproductive Medicine issued these recommendations:
- newborns should stay in official medical institutions which provide professional neonatal care and sanitary conditions;
- private maternity homes may provide childcare for up to 4 weeks
- should private maternity hospitals close because of infection, some state specific neonatal centers may care for your child for some period;
- As a last resort, an official contract can be made with a childcare nurse to care for child, including paediatrician visits.
Your agency can advise you of the daily cost of care
Your surrogate may offer to care for your child. However agencies strongly recommend against this, given the risk of psychological attachment, which surrogates do not consider, but which can lead to later problems.
For those intended parents undertaking international surrogacy in Georgia or Ukraine, it is important to be aware that your baby or babies will be born stateless and that you will need to apply for Australian citizenship by descent before you can come back home. In order to prove a biological relationship, The Department of Home Affairs will […]
In this difficult time, Growing Families is providing an update on current travel restrictions which will impact intended parents travelling internationally for embryo creation or the birth of children. OVERSEAS TRAVEL FOR BIRTHS (updated as at 4.30pm 22 July AEST) You need to consider Whether your local authorities will allow you to leave your home […]
There are thousands with health or fertility issues or a lack of the necessary anatomy that might once have prevented them raising a genetically connected child. Not anymore. When Film-maker and activist Lance Black and Tom Daley announced they were going to be dads via surrogacy in the UK press, there had been mixed reactions. […]